Chhattisgarh has been ranked consistently fourth among 36 States and Union Territories in the country, as part of comprehensive assessment undertaken in India for Ease of Doing Business ranking.
||Ranking as per DIPP & World Bank
||04 (Out of 32 States/UTs)
||04 (Out of 36 States/UTs)
||97.32% (327 Yes)
The ranking is in accordance with the detailed assessment undertaken by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Government of India, and validated by the World Bank. It covers 340 parameters spanning the following areas:
- Access to Information and Transparency Enablers
- Single Window System
- Availability of Land
- Construction Permit Enablers
- Environmental Registration Enablers
- Labour Regulation Enablers
- Obtaining Electricity Connection
- Online Tax Return Filing
- Inspection Reform Enablers
- Commercial Dispute Resolution Enablers
Of the 10 key reform areas listed on the DIPP website, Chhattisgarh achieved 100% implementation in seven reform areas:
- We have introduced Udyam Aakanksha with focus on MSME for registration and availing benefits/ incentives. 11,259 self-registered so far, in the first 12 months. Fully online registration. Computerized auto generation of receipt and registration number.
- Reliance on self-certification & no fee charged for registration
- GIS based land allotment system
- Online system for Stamp Duty Exemption, Priority Sector Certificate and Production Certificate and other incentives.
To facilitate hassle free Starting & Operation of Businesses across the State, We have developed a robust Single Window System that has:
- Facility of online application and approval(22 services) across all departments with Single Sign-On ID
- Fixing the time for disposal of application (service charter defined for all services)
- Provisions for deemed approval (for example, land diversion application)
- Information about NOCs, clearances/ approvals and registration online
- Zero Visit needed (no physical touch point)
Several reforms have been implemented to make the payment and collections of taxes a painless exercise for Businesses operating in the State. Some of the major reforms have been:
- Simplification of application forms and procedure of approval
- Single ID for all State taxes; Online payment and return filing system
- No check posts required for tax filing and payment
- No Business premises inspection required for VAT registration
- Going forward there will be no manual intervention in any process
- Online system for registration under entertainment tax.
- Online return filing and online payment of tax.
- Only online application allowed; physical application has been totally discontinued
- Computerized risk assessment introduced & Inspection requirements reduced
- Low risk industry exempted from inspection
- Allocation of inspectors, 48 hours deadline for inspectors to upload inspection report
- Self-certification/ third party inspection introduced
- Single integrated returns across all applicable labor laws
To help reduce the time taken to enforce contracts and providing efficient judgments in commercial cases. We established the:
- 1st Commercial Court established in the country in Naya Raipur to expedite commercial cases. New and modern infrastructure
- Dedicated Principal Judge and separate staff set-up, New and Modern infrastructure.
- E-filling, summons & cause list for commercial disputes
- E-payment for court fees
- Digitally signed court orders
To ensure Business face minimum hassles while setting up in Chhattisgarh, we have:
- Electricity connection made online and requires only 2 documents New and modern infrastructure
- Water connection application and processing done through online system
- Online system for Tree felling NOC
- Online Building Plan Approval System
- Online system for “construction permit” in Chhattisgarh has been adjudged as the ‘Best Practice’ in the country.