Directorate of Industries
The DOI of CG plays a pivotal role in planning, establishment, growth and advancement of Industry in the state. The focus of DOI is to find opportunity for fast pace development of small, medium and large scale industries in the state.
The DOI plays following important roles:
The Directorate is governed by following Acts & Rules:
- Development of Industries (Excluding Rural & Cottage industries)
- Granting concessions and exemptions
- Regulation of शासन के विभागों तथा सार्वजनिक उपक्रमों द्वारा भण्डार क्रय
- Regulation of unincorporated business, literary, scientific, religious and other organizations / associations
- Regulation of Boilers
- Handling Export & Imports related matters
- Establishment of New Industrial Zones
- Infrastructural development in existing Industrial Zones
- Chhattisgarh Industrial Investment Promotion Act 2002
- Chhattisgarh Societies Registration Act 1973
- The Indian Boilers Act, 1923
- Micro Small and Medium Enterprises Development act 2006
- Sick Industrial Companies (Special Provisions) Act
- The Chhattisgarh Industries (Allotment of Sheds, Plots and Land) Rules, 1974
- CG State Store Purchase Rules 2002 (TO BE CONFIRMED)
State Investment Promotion Board
The State Investment Promotion Board (SIPB) has been established under the Chairmanship of Hon. Chief Minister under the Chhattisgarh Industrial Investment Promotion Act, 2002. It has been created to facilitate proposals with investment above INR 10 Crores. The Board act as empowered single point of contact for investments in the state.
The SIPB is headed by Chief Minister, and consists of departmentally related ministers and Government officials, so as to ensure inter-departmental co-ordination. SIPB exercises powers of the State Government & Cabinet in so far as all matters relating to investment promotion are concerned.
At district level District Investment Promotion Committees (DIPC) are constituted for promoting & facilitating the implementation of industrial & other projects. The DIPC are chaired by Collector of the Revenue District.
The Boiler Inspectorate has been established in the state as per the guidelines of the Indian Boiler Act, 1923. The Indian Boiler Regulations, 1950 has been made under Indian Boiler Act, 1923. The Boiler Inspectorate carries out the implementation of rules and regulations of the Act and conducts inspections and monitoring of the Boilers in the state to maintain the industrial safety standards.
Registrar Firms and Societies
The Registrar of Firms & Societies was established on 1/Nov/2000. The office of Assistant Registrar of Firms and Institutions division is located in Bilaspur. The Registrar of Firms & Societies has been entrusted with the registration and administration under following Acts:
Under the Act a total of 56168 committees have been registered.(Check)
- Indian Partnership Act, 1932
- Chhattisgarh Societies Registration Act 1973 (Revised 1998)
Chhattisgarh State Industrial Development Corporation
CSIDC is a Govt. of Chhattisgarh Undertaking under Commerce & Industry Department registered under companies Act 1951. It is the executive authority involved in industrial promotion and facilitation. Its functions include land allocation, entering into joint ventures managing PPPs and maintenance & upgradation of industrial areas. It is also the nodal agency for implementing and monitoring NMFP scheme.